Friday, October 23, 2009

i found a light at the end of the tunnel
















vintage maxi, oroton bag, rayban aviators


It was such a warm day today that I chose to wear this white dress given to me by my mother. It belonged to her prior to having two kids and no longer fits into it because of the inevitable 'post baby bum and hips' syndrome..

In fact, both the dress and the bag are like handy downs from my mother which I graciously accepted. It's funny how fashion from 20 yrs ago can still look so good today.

I've been obsessively over training these past few days as the run4fun creeps nearer. My goal? To run 10km in under 50 minutes and it seems quite impossible atm for some reason.. I seem to lose motivation after 7km. strange.

Hoorah for the weekend! Hope everyone is well!

xx

39 comments:

COME OVER TO THE DARK SIDE... WE HAVE CANDY said...

Gorgeous summerdress! Love the accessories too!

PHOTOS DE MODE said...

that dress looks great on you, lovely!
xx. /pdM

Malu Keizer-Swartjes said...

Great dress!
I have a bag from my mom too, it's over 15 years old:p

xx



Click here to go to Malu’s Fashion!

Dylana Suarez said...

Beautiful dress!

colormenana.blogspot.com

JINX said...

it doesn't get better than that...the dress..the shoes..the bag...gorgeous....

fasionjinx.blogspot.com
fasionjinx.blogspot.com
fasionjinx.blogspot.com
fasionjinx.blogspot.com
fasionjinx.blogspot.com

Becca. said...

gorgeous dress!
you look amazing in white.
really love your jewellery too.
hope you have a good weekend!
XOXO, BECCA
http://fashion-train.blogspot.com

THE DIVINITUS said...

Beautiful scenery, the white dress feels so appropriate.

Anonymous said...

this is complete and total mad perfection!!!!
so simple and GORGEOUS
thanks for sharing, this is such a look i would rock
i love it!
you look flawless, keep up the blog, loving it as always

-cma
visit my blog @
cosmicaroline.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

you look stunning :)

Little Bo Peeep said...

Simply beautiful dress! :) You look divineeee!

O'STYLE said...

Amazing pics and beautiful enviroment! I love the accesories, specially the cross pendant!

mwas!

Coconuts and Coppertone said...

my favorite fashion fairytale is walking aimlessly in a never.ending garden wearing a flowy white dress
so basically, you're living the fashion dream
lovelovelove

ryder said...

this is so beautiful that is surreal

Zhcsyra hp said...

somos sexy :))

Becky Tjandera said...

wow you look so great ! i love the whole outfit . the dress is just so beautiful :)

Julia mode said...

lovvvve =)


xx

FASHION CHALET said...

Your photos always tell a story, a stylish one :) and your hair is SO gorgeous!!!




x

Nubia Mejia said...

Your hair is gorgeous, Nice pics!

www.Nubiasnonsense.com

dy of ghost said...

beautiful dress!

Unknown said...

i love that white dress. Amazing!

I Am Denise Katipunera

Unknown said...

Simply perfect, and I love the accessories you choose :)

Jenny said...

tu es tres jolie! like we can say in french
xoxo from France
www.sojenny.com

TMFA said...

Stunning look and pics. I miss Australia so much when I see your tropical backdrop!

Ashley said...

Lovely outfit. I like that you've tied the leopard print scarf around your arm.

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great outfit! Love it!
Mr.G

::FASHION MEETS COLOGNE::

Blog it >> http://fashionmeetscologne.blogspot.com/

Stacy said...

i love your dress, it's gorgeous! you're simply stunning

im so jealous you live somewhere warm haha

http://fashionhandglide.blogspot.com

bisou-joue said...

great outfit ! You've got so much chance to have such a sunny weather still !

E said...

Oh I really like that shoulder bag and your necklace!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I like your blog a lot and your style is so chic!
www.thefashionseen.com

Dannie said...

beaautiful dress, i love this!
you look sooo natural pretty and serene, i love that you paired it wioth avi's as well ;)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous pictures. I love the first one.

jack bespoke said...

love it, you have beautifully classic face, definitely captures the eye!

also great header photo,
bespok.

lorenabr said...

Love it maxi look is so relaxed:)

Kristen said...

you look beautiful! i wish i could pull off the maxi dress, but i'm too short : (

http://whatgoeson10.blogspot.com

Fashion Cappuccino said...

I love your dress! Perfect for summer! And you look so pretty! xxoxoo

Barbro Andersen said...

I saw you wearing this dress on Chictopia, and I fell in love with it! It looks stunning on you, and I really wish I had one just like it!

Re:
Thank you, Helen! I love my clothes a whole lot <3

michelle_ said...

what a great summery look .
at first it looks very basic, but when I saw the postman bag and the aviators, the look turned out to be astonishing .

you're very pretty by the way .
and thx for the whooga deal you posted before . I'm so gonna do that !!

glistersandblisters.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That dress looks amazing on you!

Jessica Ly said...

love the dress!