Wednesday, September 16, 2009

frenzy









vintage shorts, bardot top, mimco beanie and scarf, diva bracelets, george jenson necklace, rayban way

I've been on a mad shopping frenzy these past few days.. shopping with my mum, grandma and auntie from China. Mum's been spoiling me with new shoes, new accessories, and a new boyfriend blazer. On top of that.. I've got a few other lil bits and pieces here and there too =D

Also bought this new white bardot top I'm wearing in the pics.. I find that a girl can never have enough loose fitting, comfortable white shirts.. I think majority of my wardrobe is overflowing with various versions of what I'm wearing..

The new nine west heels are quite comfortable.. the heel looks like a bit of a shocker but it has a comfortable platform and the soles have great padding.. they are feet-friendly.

Now, the handsome lad in the pictures sporting my very comfy sheepskin slippers is my uncle. Yes, that's right. He's my 22 yr old uncle.. Chinese family trees are weird.. but if you work your way down the labyrythine Chik family tree.. it works out that he is my uncle.. What's even more funny is hearing him call my dad big brother...Unfortunately, he's returning to Shanghai tomorrow and I'm a bit bummed about that.. but I figured I'll pay him and that beautiful city a visit very soon.

Also would like to share with Sydney bloggers that there is a
Kirrily Johnston sample sale on this week. On Friday and Saturday the 18th and 19th respectively.

Where:
Level 3, Suite 7, 21 Mary Street
Surry Hills NSW

Times: Friday 18th: 8am - 7pm
Saturday 19th: 10am - 4pm



Not sure as to whether I'll be attending this sale yet as I have Conception Day on Friday which is pretty much a day to recognise the birthday of Macquarie University, where students are free to get drunk and party to their hearts desire whilst listening to a range of live performances.. one of which includes Wolf Mother.. I'm not a big fan.. but I here it's a pretty big deal for some people to be there till they perform.

20 comments:

Susana Rodrigues said...

Hi :)

The Stiletto Effect and Yves Saint Laurent are Giving Away "La Laque" Long Lasting Nail Lacquer #35 (Tuxedo Grey). This colour is already out of stock, so maybe this will be the only way to get one!
To enter you just need to leave a comment and also become a The Stiletto Effect Follower. This Competion ends next Monday, September 21st (PST). Winner will be picked at random, so everybody has an equal chance to win. It's an international Give Away, so you all can enter!

Kiss
Su

Dylana Suarez said...

I love your beanie and your shorts! Very Alexander Wang look. Love it!

colormenana.blogspot.com

Carmo said...

Cool style! ;)


misscarmoavantchanel.blogspot.com

Mom Fashion World said...

good outfit!
i love the beanie hat and scarf!

http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

Christina said...

Hiii Helen! Aw you and your uncle look super comfortable! Love the loose fitting clothing :)

-xtina
www.thisisxtina.blogspot.com

Shes Dressing Up said...

Great outfit, you look great in the beanie!

Marcella said...

So cute of your 'uncle' to join in the photoshoot!

I love the casualness of this outfit, has a model-off-duty kinda look to it, fab!

And I totally agree, I find that I have multiple versions of what is basically the same thing in the wardrobe lol

bloo90fashion said...

you look awesome as always ;)

xoxo.
bloo.

The Queen of Hearts said...

The best shot: third shot from the bottom.

Ashleigh said...

cant get over how gorgeous you are!!!
I love this laid back layered look
xx

FASHION CHALET said...

Thanks :)

I love those shorts and pretty dress below, too!






x

Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said...

lovely outfit! you are so beautiful!

Natalie Suarez said...

so i really love ur beanie, very cute! :)

xoxo

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Macy said...

great casual outfit, and love your blog!

Tereza Š. said...

the scarf adds a perfect touch to the outfit! great

I.AM.FASHION said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!
I will drop by your shop! NICE BLOG!

www.funkyfashionways.blogspot.com

Jess said...

Totally digging the beanie and I get the thing about weird Asian families. The age differences are ridiculous sometimes

The Sydney Girl said...

love the grey elements in your outfit! x

Liya said...

ooooo love the outfit and i have countless loose-fitting tops too...my weakness :)

myglitteringcreation.blogspot.com

MDSTYLING said...

Fabulous!
I love the grey scarf =)